Sunday 28 June 2009

"Well.." said Pooh,


"..what I like best - " and then he had to stop and think.
Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called"
A.A. Milne

I think I know what Pooh Bear was trying to say here! There is a feeling that accompanies all good things when the anticipation of what is coming far outweighs the actual moment when it arrives.
The past few months have been a journey of excitement and anticipation for me. I am happier and more focused than I have ever been and I have met some amazing and inspiring people who really "get" me and my book. I know that whatever comes from this chapter in my life these people will be around me for a very long time to come.
Knowing that "Bree McCready and the Half Heart Locket" will soon be on bookshelves still feels a bit like a dream to me. I have achieved a lifelong ambition and I never want this feeling to end! I do worry that nothing could possibly match how I am imagining it will feel to hold the finished novel in my hands. All my hard work and struggle will finally be recognised and 'out there' for young people to pick up and enjoy.
As August 11th approaches I find myself feeling like a wee girl on Christmas Eve. Ah! That delicious moment just before you pull the wrapping paper off a present! The thrill of anticipation and the unnameable emotion of 'just not knowing' what lies inside. I am trying to soak in every single second of this adventure and I refuse to let myself worry about what lies ahead. There is a curious sensation in my stomach - nerves/excitement/fear/joy/all of the above (!) - which I can't quite label. All I know is it's telling me that whatever happens in the next few months my life will never be quite the same again...

No comments:

Post a Comment